Leonardo is here!
by Francesco Zezza
Simply think about it!!!
1989: Red Sea – Egypt: Hurghada (dive trip) and “continental Egypt”.
1992: Red Sea - Egypt: Sharm el Sheikh (dive trip).
1993: Red Sea - Egypt: Sharm el Sheikh (two times; dive trips).
1994: Red Sea - Egypt: Hurghada & Sharm el Sheikh (around Sinai dive cruise, including Tistlegorm and Dunraven wrecks).
1995: Red Sea – Sudan: Port Sudan and surrounding reefs (including Shaab Rumi, Sanganeb Reef, Umbria wreck. We had – too - shark feeding: two times).
Red Sea – Israel: Eilat and surrounding area (including extension to Petra, Jordan) up to Jerusalem.
1996: Red Sea – Egypt: Sharm el Sheikh (two weeks dive cruise up to border of Sudan, including dives on the following wrecks: Tistlegorm, Dunraven, Ghiannos D., Carnatic).
1997: Africa – 1st Lake Malawi trip.
1998: Red Sea - Egypt: Sharm el Sheikh (my Dad last trip), dive trip; plus off-road track (Uadi kid).
Cuba: La Habana & Isla de la Joventud (dive trip).
1999: Red Sea - Egypt: Sharm el Sheikh dive trip; plus off-road tracks (Uadi Kid, Uadi Ghazala, Coloured Canyon, up to Dahab).
Africa – 2nd Lake Malawi trip.
2000: Peru: Andes (including Macchu Picchu) and Amazon Forest (Rio Amazonas and Rio Orosa).
2001: Maldive Island : Rannahli (South Male atoll) dive trip.
2002: Mexico: Matehuala desert and the Huasteca Region.
Well Folks, as You already know:
· We used to talk about dives. We, even, met hammerhead sharks in open water ... and watched a whale from as close as 60 feet (20 mt),
· We used to talk about Andean trails and the endless fight with "high altitude sickness", we enjoyed – too - the unforgettable "magic lonelyness" of Macchu Picchu,
· We used to talk about Amazon river cruises and about those incredible sunsets falling into the gorgeous jungle and, also, we got used to ... "tons" of mosquitoes!!!,
· We used to talk about Mexican deserts and rain forest: aka: cacti, orchids, tequila and – of course! – cichlids,
· We used to talk about the Rift Valley: those unforgettable dives in Lake Malawi and the collection of wild specimens in some of the most intriguing place of the lake ...
· There were "dive-cruises" in the Red Sea (my brother lived for a long time in Sharm el Sheikh) sailing as far as the border of Sudan ...
· We hit the track; dressed in leather to push the bike to the very (my own) limits.
· We have been even paragliding too (but only a "test jump": … enough is enough!).
There were countless opportunities to "push it waaaaay further" ... but then one day, "all of a sudden", came Leonardo (my Son, born on February 7th 2003!!!).
You know: … from now on, everything WILL be different!!!
Welcome my son ...
I just wanted to share my joy with all of you!