Structure of the project
We would like to propose the following structure* for the project:
- Identify issues which may promote or adversely affect the success of the ACP (including structural, data collection, administration, fish-related etc). Propose and discuss appropriate solutions.
- Compile a database of “extinct”, “protected” and “endangered” species.
- Identify hobbyists currently in possession of such species (Questionnaire, data collection).
- Consider appropriate ways of organising and monitoring breeding programmes (including contacts between aquarists who hold/breed the same species of fish etc). Data collection, register.
- Dissemination of information: articles and publications on preferable living / breeding conditions. Hobbyist support.
- Link with preservation projects in the wild
- Representations to relevant authorities.
*The structure in itself is subject to discussion between participants.
If you would like to participate in this project, please e-mail us at stating "ACP" in the subject line